Nature & Scope:
Reporting to the Regional Chief Operating Officer (RCOO), the Manager Client Relations is responsible for implementing business plans, client account strategies, managing client relationships, handling internal and external stakeholders, and ensuring timely processing of credit approvals.
The position involves identifying the Bank’s key/core customers in each region, developing Account Management Plans to maximize cross-selling of the Bank’s products and services.
- Implement client coverage for a specified portfolio with proactive individualized plans in coordination with product teams.
- Ensure regional service coverage for impeccable client service and timely responses to client inquiries.
- Collaborate with deal team members to ensure timely transaction processing.
- Generate bankable leads by anticipating customer needs and providing relevant information.
- Maintain a strong working knowledge of client portfolios/products within the Bank.
- Resolve customer queries within agreed authority.
- Produce call reports and file notes after client meetings, summarizing any additional actions required.
- Plan sales activities and identify opportunities in existing customer files.
- Undertake commercial negotiations and manage new business pitches.
- Ensure compliance with legal requirements, industry regulations, organizational policies, and professional codes.
- Assist in preparing annual Regional Strategic and Marketing Plans.
- Represent the Bank in high-level meetings and fora, making presentations when necessary.
- Maintain and improve the Bank’s image across the continent.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Senior Management.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Bachelor’s degree and postgraduate degree in Business Administration, Banking, Finance, or a relevant field.
- At least 8 years of experience with a leading financial services organization.
- Familiarity with major trade finance products, especially syndication, co-financing, club deals, and correspondent banking products.
- Knowledge of banking practices in Africa and ability to function in a culturally diverse and change-oriented setting.
- Ability to interact with senior officials of banks, corporates, and governments.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and Portuguese (knowledge of French and Arabic is an advantage).
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities, including organizing and managing human resources.
- Passion and commitment to the socio-economic empowerment of African countries.
- Prior experience in closing deals/transactions relevant to the Bank’s core mandate.